Well, it’s January, and I’m well into a California Pinot Noir. Let’s shuffle it up!
- This is Radio Clash, The Clash. Ah…I caught The Clash at the Orpheum-Boston in 1980. Seems to me that Bryan Setzer opened for them. I was right up front. It was five or six deep from the front of the stage and crazy
- Destroyer, The Kinks. The Davies brothers were, for a time, as good as any of ’em
- You! Me! Dancing!, Los Campesinos. Glockenspiels rock!
- Knock ‘Em Out, Lily Allen. I love Lily’s lyrics. A lot.
- We Are Golden, Mika
- The Swing, Kimya Dawson. Better know as being on the soundtrack fol Juno
- Friday I’m In Love, The Cure. There are about 4 or 5 Cure songs that are essentials for me. This is one of them.
- Losing Myself, Brazilian Girls. I think their overall work is spotty, but they have a few songs that are very cool.
- Funkytown, Lipps, Inc Disco like it’s 1979! (actually 1980, but 1979 sounds better. File under 1-Hit wonders
- Make It Good To Me, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Thank you, Amy.